Smart About Water
Illustrate the importance of water conservation during the summertime, when an average of four times more water is used per customer!
Enter your information below. To start brainstorming, find ideas by learning more about conservation or how to save water indoors and outdoors. For more details contact Project ReCharge coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 categories for competition
- Lower Elementary: Grades 2-3
- Upper Elementary: Grades 4-5
- Middle School: Grades 6-8
Prizes in each category!
- First Prize Winners: $150
- Second Prize Winners: $100
- Third Prize Winners: $75
- Fourth Prize Winners: $50
- Fifth Prize Winners: $25
Art by student will be judged in several possible ways, including:
- Creates understanding about outdoor water conservation
- Motivates people to use water responsibly
- Raises awareness about assigned day watering
Friday, April 14th: All entries must be uploaded by 5 p.m.
All entries created by students can be on paper or created digitally using Canva, InDesign or Illustrator. Entries can be of any size, but no larger than 11” x 17”. Upload formats must be PDF, PNG or JPG.
- Friday, April 21st: All participating classrooms will receive a list of finalists.
- Friday, April 28th: All hard copies of finalists’ entries will be collected for public display at TMWA’s Smart About Water Day on Saturday, May 6th. All entries should be printed out on 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14 or 11 x 17” paper.
Final Judging and Awards
Saturday, May 6th: Public and staff from Truckee Meadows Water Authority will vote on finalists’ entries between 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Smart About Water Day, a free public event that will be held at the California Building in Idlewild Park (75 Cowan Drive, Reno). Votes will be tallied and winners announced by 2:00 p.m.